Cards OverviewPayment group: Cards (debit & credit)
Payment product id: 130
Carte Bancaire (CB) is the local card scheme in France and by far the most commonly issued brand there. CB cards are always co-badged with Visa, MasterCard or (although not very often) Maestro. This allows French customers to use their CB card outside of France.
Following the introduction of EU regulations, you need to offer your French customers CB in addition to Visa / MasterCard / Maestro. This empowers your customers to choose between the different brands.
To comply with this regulation, we offer you the following options for the respective integration method:
- Create Payment API: Offer your customers CB on your payment page and create the payment as a CB transaction by sending PaymentProductID=130
- HostedCheckout API: You have two possibilities
- Offer your customers CB on your payment page and create the payment as a CB transaction by sending PaymentProductID=130
- Do not send PaymentProductID at all. The customers can choose their preferred brand on our Hosted Payment Page
If you have an acquiring contract with a French acquirer, this brand will be available by default, provided it has been added in your Back Office.
- Lower scheme and acquirers fees
- Preferred payment method for French customers
- Lower fraud rate compared to Visa / MasterCard
- Card payments enable e-commerce with a real-time authorization approval/decline response supporting the faster delivery of goods and services to the consumer
- Secure payments
- Fast settlement cycle
- International acceptance(as CB cards are co-badged with Visa / MasterCard)
Please make sure that this payment method is activated in your Back Office in Configuration > Payment methods.
If this not the case, please get in touch with our customer care team that will ensure that Carte Bancaire is added.