Card payments can be refunded upon requested to the card used to make the original transaction. The request can be made through the payment console or via an API call. It is also possible for a transaction whilst in the process of being refunded to still be reversed and a chargeback made by the Consumer. The issuing bank will only accept the claim in cases where the refund hasn’t been fully processed.
Refunds can only be accepted if:
- the original transaction was collected through us
- The refund value does not exceed 100% of the value of the original transaction.
- The merchant category code is not 7995 (Betting (including Lottery Tickets), Casino Gaming Chips, Off-Track Betting and Wagers). 7995 refunds can only be made via a bank transfer or, for payouts merchants can request a CFT/OCT account.
A few general rules apply:
- We may reject refund requests if the value of the refund exceeds 100% of the value of the collected transactions.
- A refund can be initiated (submitted) as individual transaction, online through the payment console or via an API request.
- Refunds have to be accompanied with the original transaction reference number.
When a partial refund needs to be applied, the lower amount can be send within the API-call or through the payment console. Partial refunds are often used when multiple products/services are bought by the consumer and one of the products or services is returned.